Thursday, May 9, 2013
10 GREAT BOARD BOOKS FOR TODDLERS
1. My Little Animal Book, Roger Priddy. We've had this book since my son was a toddler (he's 6 now) and it is one of our best loved books (hence the duct taped spine). Full of photographs of all type of animals, it's a book that can be looked at for an hour, over and over again.
2. Moo Baa La La La, Sandra Boynton. A big favorite. The simple, silly words and animal sounds are a hit.
3. Planting a Rainbow, Lois Ehlert. I love Lois Ehlert illustrations. This story is a beautiful one, full of flowers and colors.
4. Baby Signs For Bedtime, Linda Acredolo & Susan Goodwyn. While we don't do baby signs much, my daughter loves to look at this book with pictures of babies getting ready for bed.
5. Goodnight Moon, Margaret Wise Brown. The ultimate soothing classic.
6. Goodnight Gorilla, Peggy Rathman. This picture book has few words, but always makes my little girl laugh.
7. We're Going On a Bear Hunt, Helen Oxenbury. My husband's favorite book to read to the kids.
8. Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type, Doreen Cronin, Betsy Lewin. This one is funny enough for both kids (and their parents).
9. Pantone Colors. This book is full of gorgeous Pantone color swatches, and really shows color learners all the different shades.
10. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Bill Martin Jr., Eric Carle. Of course.