Wednesday, May 21, 2014

PLACES TO SEE: FLORA GRUBB GARDENS

 




 I have a love for plants and gardens. When the husband deployed a few years ago, I took Dylan and my sad self to visit his grandfather in San Diego. We went to the San Diego Botanical Gardens because I had heard they had an amazing children's garden (It's true. AMAZING. Visit if you can.). While there, on a whim, I picked up a book about container gardening. I went home to the desert and bought a ton of planters and went nuts. Tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, flowers; everything went into that teeny, tiny yard in containers and flourished. I've never looked back. Now, I have a huge garden with raised beds and I love every moment I spend in it.
So, for Mother's Day, my family took me to Flora Grubb Gardens, a place that I've been wanting to visit since I first read about them months ago in a Sunset magazine.
 
 

Folks, I am in love with a plant nursery.
 


 
 So beautiful, right? They are dedicated to low water plants and trees and the options are so amazing. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. They have people walking around with fresh squeezed lemonade like old-fashion cigarette girls. There are pathways and garden art and a playhouse.
 
 

It's basically plant heaven.
 



 
If you are in the San Francisco area and love plants, Flora Grubb Gardens is a must see. DO IT.
Don't hold back, you NEED those succulents. Enabling and I don't feel bad.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment