Monday, January 11, 2016

SCENES FROM A WEEKEND

We've s-l-o-w-l-y been recovering from the holidays. This weekend we had plans to take it pretty easy, which we mostly did, until Sunday afternoon when we realized the 408307492 things we forgot to do, which resulted in several hours of crazy intense stress, followed by Downton Abbey.
 

New year, new chalkboard sign. This one sums us up nicely.
 


I got this coloring book and a set of Prisma colored pencils for my birthday and I'm loving it. I'm really horrible at meditation, but this is a form I can get behind.
 


After a month and a half hiatus, I went running on Saturday. It was cold, so I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. Running on the treadmill is not my favorite. I find myself so much less motivated on the treadmill. It ended up being more of a run/walk HITT workout than an actual run. My time was crap, but it felt good to get back out there. Kinda. Almost. Well, the idea of it felt good. I definitely need to set some running goals to get my time up and to get motivated.
 


On Sunday, before we remembered all the stuff we should have been doing, we took the kids shopping with some of their Christmas money. Dylan got yet another ginormous Lego set that is currently covering my dining table.



 And Ava added to her ever growing stuffed animal menagerie.



 
I went to my favorite store too.
 
Ever since the kids saw this video, they (especially Dylan) have been obsessed with Tom Hanks and all his movies. So we watched the original Toy Story this weekend for movie night.

 
"Well, if YOU hadn't shown up with your stupid little cardboard spaceship and taken away everything that was important to me!"




I didn't add it to my B+ Goals, because it's more of an A+ with extra credit situation, but I'm doing a Whole 30 again this month. Let's just say that it was a rough last couple days where I wasn't excited to eat anything because it was NOT Mexican food/Pizza/Chex Mix. Le sigh. Turkey burger, butternut squash, cucumbers, and a La Croix was one lunch we had this weekend. It was delicious! But it was not tacos. #1weekdown
 
Hope you had a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment