Tuesday, February 9, 2016

TROPICAL GREEN SMOOTHIE

 
 
Things I currently love: my crock pot, a smooth schedule, a good book, and green smoothies.
 
I feel that this is the time of year when it gets hard being a mom. Activities are starting up, Valentine's need to be signed, it's still cold and dark early, and everyone is getting a little stir crazy from being inside the house. All. Of. The. Time. We've had a lot of evening activities lately which can easily wide up with lots of convenience in the form of dinner: meaning we've ordered a lot of pizza and had some nights at the drive-thru lately. Which then results in feeling...a bit blah. How to remedy this? Green Smoothies.
 
 
If you're on Pinterest (and let's be honest, you are) you know that there are about 4782974 million recipes out there for smoothies.  I absolutely love this formula chart from Simple Green Smoothies:
 

credit: Simple Green Smoothies
 
 
I toss my choices into my Vitamix and am ready for the day. (I love taking smoothies to work for lunch.)
My current favorite is a tropical tasting smoothie packed with sweet pineapple and my boyfriend, coconut milk. It's a burst of sunshine on these cold winter days.
(Not really. It's just a smoothie, not a miracle. But it does taste yummy.)
 


Tropical Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 cups of spinach
2 cups of coconut milk (1 can, shake well)
2 cups of pineapple
1 cut up banana (frozen or fresh)
3-5 ice cubes

Toss all of the ingredients into a blender and whirl to your heart's desire. Makes 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment