Friday, September 23, 2016

FOR THE LOVE OF FRIDAY



Friday, sweet friend. I can always count on you. Reading/Wanting/Eating/Watching:

1. I just finished reading Belle Cora, which looks a little trashy based on the cover, but is in fact a very written, historical fiction novel based on a real life person. It covers several years and details life in San Francisco during the gold rush. 
Oh, and the main character is a very successful prostitute. Hence the cover, I suppose.

2. The Tory Burch Gemini Link Collection - yes please, everything.


4. My husband's family is originally from Upstate New York and I have heard A LOT about Half Moon Cookies, not to be confused with the Black and White Cookie of New York City. I found this recipe  for Half Moons and plan on adding it to my holiday baking.

5. How to Raise a Better Rejector Rebecca Woolf hits it out of the park.YES YES YES:
"I can't change the past. I cannot take back all the times I got into cars I shouldn't have. Wandered off with strangers when I didn't want to. Ate the cake when I didn't want to eat the cake. But I can do everything in my power to empower my children to be OKAY, or at the very least MORE OKAY THAN I WAS, at saying No." 


6. The New York Times profiled high school sweethearts who ended up married and I pretty much adored this whole piece. 

7. We finally finished up the second season of Broadchurch, on Netflix. I am officially one of those people who think that the British just do TV way better that us. (Sorry America.)

8. I'm headed into week 3 of my Whole 30 and am looking forward to this book coming out. If you're interested in Whole 30, make sure you're following @Whole30 and @Whole30Recipes on Instagram!

Happy Weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment