Monday, September 12, 2016

SCENES FROM A WEEKEND

We had a great weekend-up until yesterday afternoon where I was reminded of a Jen Hatmaker post, in which she prays to God that He protect her children from dying at her hands for their attitudes. It was a...challenging...Sunday. But! It's a new day and a new week. Things can only go up.


I started off my weekend with a much needed, long overdue. girl's night. We went to a comedy club, something I had never done. I had low expectations-I'm not one for jokey humor. But it was actually so much fun and one of the comics was truly funny. Plus I got to make a new friend and hang out with two of my favorite people ever. We have plans to make this a regular thing, trying out new places and things one a month or so. I'm excited to plan our next mini adventure!


Despite the fact that it was about 100 degree and 100 percent humidity, we took the kids to an outdoor expo Saturday. It was super fun-lots of crafts and displays. Also a blood hound puppy and a a falcon. I obviously need both of these animals as pets.


I finally got a run in. Two of the slowest miles ever.

 Meal prep like a boss. Or a Queen, to be more precise:

Still trying to understand Snapchat. It's more than just the filters, right? Maybe? I'm not sure at this point.


Sunday breakfast, Whole 30 style.


Sunday supper. We always have a nice, sit down dinner on Sunday evenings. I made salmon cakes (recipe here) and they were super good. The kids liked them which surprised me. Plus steamed green beans with ghee and garlic, and red skinned mashed potatoes, with ghee, coconut milk, and my homemade version of seasoned salt. A simple, delicious meal. Those salmon cakes are going into the fall meal rotation! Even in the midst of Meltdown Central that was our Sunday, everyone managed to pull it together and enjoy our dinner.
And then bedtime happened. But let's not think about that.

Happy Monday! Hope you have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment