Friday, April 29, 2016

FAVORITE THINGS: APRIL 2016

Guys, I JUST KNOW that spring, real spring is almost here. The trees are getting leaves, flowers are popping up, we've had a few (very few) days get into the 70s. Winter is behind us, thank the Lord and the Universe, because I cannot deal with even a hint of any more snow or ice. No more, I say. NO MORE.

Here's a round up of things I'm loving for this (beginning) of s-p-r-i-n-g.






Favorite Things I Read: For The Love, Jen Hatmaker This book resonated with me hugely. It spoke right to me and I absorbed it all right into my heart. (Good Lord, that sounds mushy. But it's true!) If you're looking for a book that really speaks to you about having grace and that makes you laugh, this is it.
Buddha in the Attic, Julie Otsuka This book was lyrical, sad, and completely beautifully written. It is written in a plural voice ("Some of us..."), which I found to be a complaint of some readers, but which I found to be even more intriguing. It tells the story of a group of Japanese woman from the 1920's through the 1940's, who come from Japan and live their ordinary, yet tragic/beautiful lives. I loved it.

Favorite Household Things: Mrs. Myer's Handsoap in Peony. The smell is ah-mazing. And this "Sun Kissed" scented soy candle from Target is also fantastic.

Favorite Things For a Healthy Life: I started the Tone It Up Bikini Series 8 Week Challenge. I love the Tone It Up workouts and community, if you're interested look them up on Instagram @toneitup!

Favorite Things For the Garden: I started planting my garden this month. Lettuces and peas are in, and a few flowers, including these Morning Glories. I'll be planting more this weekend!

Favorite Things For an Organized Life: Pilot G-2 07 multicolor gel pens These are awesome for my bullet journal because they are bold but don't bleed through pages.

Favorite Beauty Things: While I still love my Urban Decay Smoke Eye palate, it was feeling a little dark for (almost) spring. I picked up a Maybelline The Blushed Nudes palate. While the quality of the shadows isn't as high end as the Urban Decay ones (nor was I expecting them to be) they're still really nice and good quality. And I love the colors; they're perfect shadows for (almost) spring at a great price.


Have a great weekend guys, and check back on Monday for a B+ Goals post!



No comments:

Post a Comment