Tuesday, September 6, 2016

SCENES FROM A WEEKEND

It was the last official weekend of the summer, and we loved every moment of it.

 Dylan went fishing with a friend. They baited their own hooks and caught (and released) about a dozen of these little blue gill.

 Ava worked on telling time on a digital face all summer and was rewarded with her very own watch.

 I tried out this new cookbook of mine this weekend during food prep.


 Speaking of food prep....full fridge = Whole 30, week 1.

 I picked up this bouquet at Trader Joe's.

 We went to a Phillies game.

 Why do $9 beers taste so good?

 Cotton candy and peanuts! And the Giants weren't playing, but we still represented.

 The most perfect of all summer meals: BLTs on sour dough bread and a glass of cold white wine.

 New chalkboard art. I like how this one turned out.

I'm reading the Inspector Gamache series. Their kooky, but I'm enjoying them.

I set up a homework corner.
 I opened a Snapchat account, but I have zero idea how to use it. So just look for me on Instagram Stories.
 We ended our long weekend with our traditional back to school dinner: Neal's grandma's famous spaghetti sauce, salad, and my famous garlic bread.

And then this morning summer was over and I had a kindergartner and a 4th grader.

No comments:

Post a Comment