Monday, October 26, 2015

SCENES FROM A WEEKEND

 
We had another busy, fun weekend! Here's a few highlights:
 
 
I was honored to be asked to make flag for a Gold Star Mothers Memorial Ruck. Gold Star Mothers are mothers who have lost a son or daughter in combat. This ruck (a 10K with a loaded backpack) was made up of 21 teams, each who carried one of these flags with the name of a service person who gave their life. I hand cut each of the Gold Star and thought of each of those Mothers as I made them.


My Saturday mornings are devoted to meal planning, grocery shopping, and food prep for the week. I'll be writing a more indepth post about my process soon.
 
 
The kids went to a birthday party at Sky Zone. We'd never been there, but will defiantly be going back, especially with the cold winter days that are coming! So fun.


On Sunday we headed to Philadelphia for Boo at the Zoo! We're members of the Philadelphia Zoo, and I highly recommend that if you're ever in Philadelphia that you check it out. It's the oldest zoo in America and the setting for The Trumpet of the Swan.
 
 Love these three.

 The leaves were on point this weekend! We've at the peak for fall foliage.
 

My baby girl got her first haircut this weekend. I wanted to take her to my salon, but the husband pointed out that $50 for a trim wasn't a smart financial decision. So she went with daddy to his place.

 She looks so big now. And extra sassy.
 

 An outtake from some family photos I took this weekend. This one pretty much sums up our kids.
 
 
 
We had oven baked ribs for dinner on Sunday. SO yummy! I served them with dairy free mashed potatoes, a big salad with a Dijon vingarette, and kamala olives.
 
Hope you had a great weekend! Grab a cup a coffee and get after this Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment